Fertilize your lawn properly, and you’ll be on your way to a healthy, dense stand of turf that maintains a deep green color and gives weeds a run for their money. Nitrogen is one of every lawn’s most important ingredients, and each type of grass demands different amounts to display peak growth and performance.
How to Fertilize the Lawn
1. Water your lawn. A few days before you feed your lawn, give it a good watering. That will help ensure your soil is ready to accept fertilizer.
2. Pick the best spreader for your lawn. Spreaders fall into two main categories: broadcast and drop. Scroll down to learn more about spreaders and the best ways to use them in your lawn. Adjust spreader settings. Each fertilizer product has a unique spreader setting for correct coverage. Check the bag to make sure you’re selecting the proper setting for your individual spreader.
3. Apply fertilizer around the perimeter. Feeding around the perimeter first will allow you to feed the rest of the lawn without worrying about missing any of the edges.
4. Fill in the middle. Similar to a mowing pattern, feed your lawn by walking back and forth in straight lines while slightly overlapping with each pass.
5. Return remaining product and store. Once you’ve finished feeding your lawn, return any unused product to the bag and store it for future uses. Be sure to keep it in a cool, dry place away from pets and children.
Request An Estimate
We Are So Confident In Our Services, We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction For Our Clients!
100% SATISFACTION OR IT’S FREE
Making Sure Our Clients Are Happy Is Our #1 Goal